A simpler screening process is now in place at Northern Light Eastern Maine Medical Center, and some entrances that had been closed since 2020 are now open. This includes the Webber East circle on State Street and three entrances to the Northern Light Health Center on Union Street.
- Patients coming to the medical center will be screened at the main entrance.
- Visitors coming to the medical center will check in and out at the main entrance information desk.
- People with appointments in the Webber Buildings may enter through the East or West Webber Entrance.
- People with outpatient appointments will be screened by check-in staff at their appointment location.
- Entrances A, B and C to the Northern Light Health Center at Union Street are now open.
A safety protocol that remains unchanged requires all individuals to wear a mask. Upon entry, patients, staff and visitors must wear a surgical-grade mask provided by Northern Light Health, regardless of vaccination status, in accordance with CDC guidelines for all healthcare facilities. Everyone is asked to wear the mask over their nose and mouth at all times.
“We’re excited to make patients and visitors feel more welcome by opening up our entrances and making screening easier,” says Sarah Joy, SHRM-SCP, Director, Patient Experience. “Over the past few years, we have adjusted important safety measures while ensuring that our patients are supported by family and friends. We appreciate the patience and understanding of our community.
At Northern Light Health, we build a better approach to healthcare because we believe people deserve access to care that’s right for them. As an integrated health care delivery system serving Maine, we’re raising the bar with common sense solutions that set the stage for a healthier future for our state. Our more than 12,000 team members – in our hospitals, primary and specialty care practices, long-term and home care, behavioral health care, ground and air medical transportation and emergency care – are committed to doing making healthcare work for you: our patients, our communities, and employees. To learn more about Northern Light Health and our locations in Maine, visit www.northernlighthealth.org.