If you are a Ukrainian citizen, who came to Poland due to Russian aggression against your country, and you have a certificate from the Border Guard Service of the Republic of Poland or a stamp in your travel document confirming your legal stay in Poland, then you have the right to use medical care under the same conditions as Polish citizens.
- Medical care is free. The services are reimbursed by the National Health Fund (NFZ) from targeted subsidy funds from the Polish budget.
- You are entitled to free medical care from 24.02.2022.
- To get free medical care, you just need to go to a medical institution that has signed a contract with the National Health Fund (NFZ).
- WARNING! You cannot offset the costs of prescribed medications or get free rehabilitation and spa treatment.
Medical establishment under agreement with the National Health Fund:
- cannot deny you medical care;
- cannot refer you to another healthcare facility;
- cannot ask you to pay for medical care;
Vaccination against COVID-19 and not only:
- You can access free vaccination against COVID-19 and other vaccines included in the vaccination program.
- To be eligible for vaccination, you must meet two conditions:
- legally enter the territory of the Republic of Poland (have a border guard certificate or a stamp of the Polish Border Guard Service in the travel document) and
- have a document proving your identity.
Such a document can be an identity card, a passport or a temporary foreigner’s identity card.
To obtain additional information on the rights to free healthcare granted to You, the following solutions may also be used:
You can go to one of the 27 reception centers for Ukrainian citizens. These centers operate throughout Poland. At the reception center you can get a basic health assessment and, if necessary, you will be referred to the hospital.
The contact details of the reception centers are available here: https://www.gov.pl/web/udsc/punkty-recepcyjne2
You can get a teleconsultation in contact with Teleplatform of First Contact, which is available at the following telephone number: (+48) 800-137-200. The teleplatform is available Monday to Friday from 6 p.m. to 8 a.m. the next day and on Saturdays and Sundays. Teleplatform services are provided in Polish, English and Ukrainian. The telephone connection to the Platform is free. You can also fill out an online form – and based on this, a doctor or nurse will contact you.
The contact form can be found here: https://www.gov.pl/web/zdrowie/tpk
You can contact the NFZ Hotline by phone: (+48) 800-190-590. The hotline operates 24 hours a day. Here you will find information about the health services provided to citizens of Ukraine. The hotline is also available in Ukrainian.
Polish doctors provide free health care to citizens of Ukraine using the Lekarzedlaukrainy.pl platform – with its help You can find a specialist in the desired branch of medicine and make an appointment for a free visit.
The platform can be found here: https://lekarzedlaukrainy.pl/pl?teleconsultation=false
You can contact the helpline provided by the Women’s Rights Center for Ukrainian Women at the following telephone number: (+48) 800-107-777, where you can get psychological and legal assistance, as well as information on social, housing and material assistance. available in Poland. The helpline operates Monday to Friday from 3:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. in Ukrainian.